Translator

Saturday 21 December 2013

Perfect Little Gentleman


Over at We Love Vintage is a super challenging challenge, for me, personally, as you are not allowed to use any stamps on it. How could I resist this challenge !!



I went through to my craft room and found a Pion paper full of images. I was drawn to the image of this little boy. We have a Top Hat, that has been passed down through our family, which my sister is now the proud owner of, and loves to wear it. The image reminded me of it.                   
I had a wooden tag purchased from a Bargain Shop. I started by sanding it and applied a thin layer of Gesso with a baby wipe. Then onto shading with my paints and  applying paint through a stencil onto the tag and around the edges, resanding back, to strip some paint off in areas.  My first layer of paper I distressed the edges and added a little texture paste mixed with paint, through a stencil. I added cheesecloth and lace at edges, along with a bit gilding wax and distress glitter.






                                                               
The next layer I cut out a die strip and placed together to make a frame and glued to a backing paper. I curled the edges of the frame and gave them a  couple of coats of Studio Matte to help keep them in place. I also layered a strip of pearls and Gilding Wax around the frame.





I matted and layered the Little Gentleman and edged the papers with Stickles and a Copic pen. Various dies were cut out with the co-ordinating papers along with the word memories. Once I had finished placing everything onto my tag, I decided to make some items to hang from it. A bit like you see hanging from an old Vitctorian Tiffany Light. I thought this would give it even more of a Vintage feel.


Hope you have enjoyed looking at my blog. I would love if you left a comment and visit again soon.

 Julie x



 I would like to enter this at the following challenge - http://wlvc.blogspot.co.uk/ Tag










6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet image you selected but what I love is your mix of textures, a beautiful combination with the most gorgeous of results.
    An heirloom top hat, how fabulous! I say this because it is something I really would like to own, I am not much of a Modern Miss lol.
    Festive Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tag Julie, thanks for sharing at WLVC.
    hugs Liesbeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo how I love this.....it's so very sweet. Thanx for joining our challenge at WLVC and please.....come back to show us more. Hugs Plony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card you made....beautiful and simple.....those laces are awesome...so sweet ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tag.
    Nice weekend
    Greetings Doris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I love this Julie. That little boy is so cute and youve managed to create a perfect background for him

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10