Translator

Saturday 26 April 2014

Li’l House on the Prairie.


Hello Everyone, Thanks for popping over to my blog to see my final Guest Design post for Cheery Lynn Designs . I am so excited to be sharing this post with you all. When Cheery Lynn showcased the release of their Wagon Wheel at the beginning of the year I immediately fell in love with it and thought it must be part of a 3D project. I will not go into every detail with my wagon or you may be reading this post for an hour.....I will instead show you pictures around my wagon with little snippets of info and if you would like any other info please just email me.



My inspiration came from fond memories of watching Little House on the Prairie as a child, but I thought it would be nice to give it also a look of an old style Gypsy Caravan. My windows, wagon wheels and lattice valance border were all cut out from an empty cereal packet. Every die cut beautifully through this card which then gave me the perfect sturdy surface for paints and inks to be applied.



My wagon was constructed in a similar way to my Forever and a Day  project using coffee stirrer sticks to make it rigid.



My door and flooring were made from coffee stirrer sticks and my steps from the little spare pieces of Balsa Wood you get with a canvas frame along with a couple of sticks.



My Wagon wheels were cut out 6 times for each wheel and glued together. I then painted them and rubbed a little Gilding Wax onto them and attached a little hitch fastener to them. With the die having embossing texture on it I was delighted with the result of how it looked like wood. 



My windows I placed 2 layers onto the shutters to give an appearance of depth and I applied some Gesso and distress ink to give a real shabby feel.



The Lattice Valance Border I have used on several areas of my wagon, It's a great die as it gives you many different new shapes to use. My fence at the front has also been made using it.



My roof was made by layering the Anastasia Border onto it and decorating with lots of flowers.



The little plant pots at the front door are made from an old necklace. I die cut out 3 sets of Baby’s Breath flower kit for each pot and layered together to give the effect of small flowering bushes.

Thanks again to Bj and Mike, owners of Cheery Lynn Designs for giving me this opportunity to showcase my love of their dies and believing in me. Its been an absolute pleasure and a memory I will always treasure.

Julie x

Shop at Cheery Lynn for :

I wish to enter this in to the following Challenges :

Vintage Udfordring - Anything Goes Challenge 
It's All About the Vintage and Beauty - Flower Power Challenge
Country View Challenges - New Beginning Challenge ( Off Travelling )
Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Anything But a Card Challenge
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - April Challenge
Sugar Creek Hollow - Tic Tac Toe Challenge ( Bling , Embossing (door hinges ) & Flowers 

30 comments:

  1. Julie I just had to stop on over and tell you what an amazing project this is!!! I love all the details and don't you love how wonderfully the dies cut that cereal box chipboard?

    Amazing, creative and totally out of this world! Bravo gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally stuck for words Julie to describe how fabulous this project is - stunning, breath-taking both spring to mind. I love 3D work and this is extraordinarily special! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Julie fabulous work! I really don’t know what to say, as I am a bit shock about your creation! Totally stunning and very precise work!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie! You can have no idea how happy you have made me feel this morning! This is just beautiful - so many clever little details to take in - I will go back and have another look (probably more than once)! Really impressed! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fantastic!! I'm new to your blog Julie but I'm in awe of your creativity! I love gypsy caravans and you've captured the feel of them so wonderfully in this piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Julie,
    Ik zag je creatie bij Vintage Utfordring en ben heel erg inder de indruk! Wat een fantastische mooie wagen in een mooie oude stijl! En ja ik heb die serie little house on the prairie ook gekeken. Mijn complimenten voor alle prachtige details!!! I love it!!
    Nice weekend, Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This is just too amazing!!! Love love it!! Such pretty papers and amazing details! Thank you for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, what to say..? Exquisite!!
    Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Ribbon Challenges,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julie, your attention to detail is phenomenal! This is exquisite work! I love traditional Romany caravans and this is absolutely charming! You are super talented and a visit to your blog is always inspirational! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have outdone yourself yet again Julie! Absolutely incredible detailing make for one outstanding creation. This is a fantastic beauty and must have taken you an age. You really work those CL dies to perfection and I bet Kelloggs would be majorly impressed too! You can be mighty proud of all your CL guest pieces. Gotta love that little adorable Scottie dog too! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazining! Thank you for joining Its all about the vintage and beauty challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. World's bestever scrapbook project!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When do I get the keys so I can move in?!!!
    This is enchanting with the most exquisite attention to detail. It oozes charm and nostalgia.
    This is a memorable creation indeed.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic and I am just blown away with all the wonderful detail you have put into this project. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie, vi seu projeto entre os participantes de um desafio e vim conhecer os detalhes e ohhhhh...que maravilha eu encontrei!!! Seu projeto é simplesmente fantástico, perfeito em cada detalhe!!! Parabéns!!!
    Um grande abraço de sua nova seguidora,
    Marlei
    Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, wow, wow. This is stunning! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I dont think I could add any more to your gorgeous creation. Its all been said above.Congratulations on becoming A Cheery Lyn Designer You so deserve it. Its hard to believe you just started your blog 4 months ago. Every single challenge you've done is fantastic, exquisite, masterpieces . You are such an inspiration to others and you are so generous to share how you made things with step by step instructions. You've achieved exactly what you wanted to in such a short space of time and it wont be long before Magazine Editors will be chapping on your door. Congratulations also to Chris. His photography is second to none and he obviously loves your creations which enables him to portray them in his excellent photographs. As your friend I am very lucky as I get to see your work live. Its all so breathtaking and I also exactly how much hard work and dedication you put into all your creations. I'm so happy for you Dreams really do come true
    Lilian x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness... This is incredible! Just stunning, and all the more lovely for having made it from scratch! Just WOW... Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! This is incredible! You are so clever! Thank you for joining in with us at Country View Crafts Challenges. Please accept my apologies for the delayed comment, I'm running behind this month and running to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, wow, iget down!!!!! it is a great and wonderful creation!!!

    thanks for joining with us it´s all about the vintage and good luck.

    gr meggi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness this is amazing, All the little details that you have put into this is just incredible........Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! What a creation! Incredible amount of details and work ! It's totally amazing and gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Don't know how I missed this wonderful creation Julie. Absolutely Fabulous. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. So wonderful work! Great, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is absolutely out of this world, Julie, and there's no surprise in Cheery Lynn wanting to keep hold of you... huge congratulations on joining the team!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW this is superb Julie! Love the way you've gone to so much trouble with adding so many little details to this. The little pots of flowers and the crystal fringing on the porch are just two favourites. Congratulations on becoming part of the Cheery Lynn team. They are very lucky. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Julie...just seeing all your works and am in total awe! This is just outstanding...am at a loss of words. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow !! I dont lnow what to say. This is outstanding, amazing, fabulous, pretty, cute !!! I could continue. But think you know what I mean !!?? Gosh... LOVE IT. You are so creative and very very talented !!!
    Thanks a lot for sharing this.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  29. that´s absolutely lovely. Warm regards from Finland to YOU.from Vanamone

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10