Translator

Monday 30 November 2015

Embroidery Hoop


Hi Everyone, Sorry my visits to your blogs are a bit sporadic at the moment but I'm not keeping too well just now, hopefully I will get back to my regular visits soon, but thanks for your continued comments and visits to my blog, I really do appreciate it.

Today I am excited to share with you all another DT project I made using Craft Consortium's most stunning paper pad called Bloom Beautiful.

My mum was clearing out her cupboards and came across a few Embroidery hoops which of course I had to have. I knew right away the quality of these papers would mold beautifully around the hoop.


I started by spritzing my paper with some water on both sides and molding around the hoop and crushing the paper at the edges. It's best to gradually add your water than initially over soak your paper and take your time shaping it around the hoop. Once all in place I dried with my heat gun which gave a super firm effect and now looks like a piece of fabric.


Using papers from the Bloom Beautiful pad my sentiment was stamped with Archival ink.


My flowers and frame were die cut out and inked at the edges.


Finishing off with a ribbon and some sparkly gems. I just love how the finished result looks like fabric.


A view of the rear showing the effect of fabric from the paper.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you feel inspired to try something similar. Please head over to Craft Consortium to see there full range of products HERE and like their facebook page so you don't miss out on a chance of winning on their regular free giveaways.

Julie x

Products Used :

 I would like to enter this into the following challenges:





26 comments:

  1. So lovely and get well soon dear Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project, Julie! I thought it was really a fabric ruffle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, so cleverly done! It really does look like fabric, love it!!

    Hope you feel better soon! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought, at first, that you had used real fabric Julie, the papers look amazing and you have decorated the hoop so, so beautifully, the flowers are gorgeous.

    I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling under par, I hope you feel well again very soon. Happy St Andrews Day to you! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is gorgeous.Love that you used fabric looking paper, what a fooler !! It looks great with the hoops. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie...this is so adorable! Just so feminine and delicate. Lovely paper and hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the paper really does look like fabric. What a great use of the embroidery frames.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie,
    For me it is also blogging at a low ebb , busy with Christmas cards, lol
    What have you made a lovely card with the frame and a beautiful sentiment!
    xx Gerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely beautiful, I love that sentiment so much thank you for entering our Fussy and Fancy Challenge and good luck xxx Annie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie, your altered embroidery hoop is breathtaking! I am so impressed with the way you patiently molded paper to fit the hoop, and the results are SO worth the time it took. That sentiment is one of my very favorites! May I ask where this stamp can be purchased? Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, the stamp used if from a British company called Inkylicious. They have many wonderful sentiment stamps.
      Julie x

      Delete
  11. This deserves a very loud WOW! Absolutely stunning what you have made. And I love the card below also!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic idea Julie ! The moulded paper looks amazing ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This really is incredible! So beautiful! Hope you are feeling better soon! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hoi Julie,
    What à beautiful project !
    I love it
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my....this is stunning, so much so that I just had to come over and tell you how much I love it.....and those words are just perfect. ...a brilliant entry to our Fussy and Fancy Challenge.....hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely hanging Julie! I'm amazed at how that paper molded - just like fabric ! what a wonderful affirming sentiment to highlight! I hope you are feeling better - Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really stunning, Julie - what a wonderful way to bring new life to an unwanted embroidery hoop - the papers look absolutely wonderful and I love the quote. I do hope you'll be feeling better soon.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie, sorry to hear you have not been too well, hope,you feel better soon. Love your embroidery hoops, the papers are lovely, I thought they were fabric at first. Lovely way to being new life into found items. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful!! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not sure how I missed this one Julie, but oh boy is it ever stunning! What a unique project idea and I just love all the shabby goodness with those flowers and muted tones! Your sentiment is amazing, words to live by! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is great Julie. Very many thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW! This looks fantastic! I really thought it was fabric until I started to read your post! Great effect! And the project itself is gorgeous! Simply stunning!
    Thank you very much for sharing this beauty with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge! Good luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sooo beautiful. Beautiful colors, flowers, details, everything :)
    Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy and congrats as top 5 :)
    Wish you a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10