Translator

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Up-Cycled Perfume Bottles - Craft Consortium



Hi Everyone, I'm so excited to be sharing with you my inspiration using Decoupage Papers released this week from Craft Consortium. They have an amazing new range which also includes Metallics and Christmas Collections. Please check them out HERE.


I had a couple of empty glass bottles sitting in my stash for a while waiting to be up-cycled and when I received this release I thought they would blend beautifully together as Faux Perfume Bottles. I started off by giving them both a coat of Gesso.


Once dry I started to apply my Decoupage Paper.


Followed by a thick coat of Crackle Glaze.


Next I highlighted my cracks using DecoArt Mixed Media Antiquing Cream in Titanium White. I repeated the process on both bottles, finishing off with a coat of Gloss Varnish.


On this bottle my frame is made from a mould and Paperclay, adding a little paint and Gilding Wax. I placed a little lace inside the frame along with my Cameo.


My Flowers are made using papers from the Bloom Beautiful Pad.


Finishing off my bottle with a little lace around the neck of the bottle and some Pearls. My Perfume stoppers were up-cycled from a window charm.


On this bottle I stamped my Perfume sign with Stazon ink onto paper from the Gypsy Gypsy pad. My flowers were made from White cardstock shaded with inks. My doily and flourish and fussy cut Butterfly were all also cut from papers out of the Gypsy Gypsy Pad. A few pearls to finish.

Do check out Craft Consortium Ltd on Facebook and like their page. This way you will be alerted for regular giveaways.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have enjoyed my post.

Julie x

Products Used:
Craft Consortium Gypsy Gypsy Paper Pad, Bloom Beautiful Paper Pad and Decoupage Papers from latest Collections.
Cheery Lynn Dies.

33 comments:

  1. So beautiful!! You inspired me, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, these bottles look completely amazing Julie, stunning work, fantastic crackle and such gorgeous embellishments, completely brilliant finish on both bottles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! Both your bottle's look exquisite and oh so gorgeous! ..Thank you so much for sharing your creative process ..absolutely love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bottles are just beautiful Julie! I love the look of the decopaged tissue - such lovely soft colors! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh beautiful bottles Julie, very elegant. I doubt whether I'd be that neat covering the bottles....I'd end up with more glaze over me!
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunners. ..show stoppers and what else. ..no words Julie. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every detail of these bottles is stunning. You made something very special of them and they deserve a special place for showing!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely transformations!!! Absolutely love the creative process...TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Julie, these bottles are gorgeous, I love those beautiful decoupage papers you used and the bottle tops are incredible. They really do look like genuine (expensive) perfume bottles! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are truly beautiful, Julie! I love that crackle and the colours are perfect, you always rock vintage hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a transformation! Absolutely stunning Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Takes me back years ago to my Grammie's house - seeing these lovelies Julie. Gracious me they are beyond beautiful. EXQUISITE, ELEGANT, ECCENTRIC, EXCELLENT, (E)INCREDIBle!!! j

    ReplyDelete
  13. These bottles are so pretty, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You altered perfume bottles are absolutely gorgeous Julie, super work.

    Many thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Julie, these bottles is stunning <3 Thank you for your inspiration! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fabulous for one's boudoir! Gorgeous!! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hoi Julie,
    What a lovely project .Y love it beautiful colors.
    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! These are so beautiful, such gorgeous colours! Hugs Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Julie, I love both of these gorgeous creations, and I love the fact that you have recycled/upcycled them... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  20. Juliz this perfume bottles turned out stunning... I just love the decopage papers, they are gorgeous and the crackle glaze with the antiquing creme looks beautiful on the papers !!! Thank you for creating with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my - these are stunning! What a fabulous fabulous idea. These are so unique! Gorgeous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! Thought the bottles looked gorgeous to begin with, the makeover is incredible! I especially love the one with the cameo... such a pretty colour. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifully decorated bottles. I love the pretty papers and wonderful elements you've used.
    Thank you for joining in with the October challenge "Lace and Pearls" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are amazing. What excellent detail and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  25. My gosh Julie, those are so beautiful! Gorgeous creations, thanks so much for sharing them. Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are simply stunning! Such beautiful papers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow they have turned out stunning, just beautiful
    thanks for joining our challenge
    Debbie DT xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulions Juliz, pop over to http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au and check out the Winner's and Top 3...

    Hugs Rhonda
    Creative Artiste...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10