Translator

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Flowers in a Cart


Hello everyone from sunny Scotland, and a warm welcome to my new followers. I hope you are all managing to get some creative time.
My mojo has been running on full power over the past week so I now have a few things being prepared to post. Do you remember my post - Flowers on a Log, if not you will see it here. Anyway, in my head I have a couple of variations of this project planned, but have been awaiting the perfect challenge or GD spot to make them. Finally, this month Our Creative Corner and A Vintage Journey and various other challenges listed below, fitted my idea perfectly for one of them. My post is photo heavy so will try to keep my writing to a minimum so if there is anything you would like to know please just ask.

I started off by making a rectangular box with my Scorpal, and then yes my favourite item the coffee stirrer sticks were given a coat of Gesso and PaperArtsy paints and crackle glaze were applied to them. Next, I glued them onto the sides of my box, once dry I then glued my box together and applied a little distress to the edges and added my little hinges which had been die cut in kraft, distress and little rust marks stamped on, finally adding black liquid pearls for the nails.



My wheels were die cut out with a cereal packet and 5 layers glued together. I applied distress paint and distress ink around the edges. Once all dry I used my crop a dile to punch a hole in the middle, added my die cut cog rubbed with a little treasure gold. I then cut down a barbecue skewer and placed my wheels on either end, hot gluing to my cart and adding another couple of sticks to the front to form my tow bar. I put a little hessian in my box to give it more of a Tim Holtz feel, but you only see little bits of it now the flowers are in it.




My flowers and leaves are all die cut out from various dies using kraft white and patterned paper. My kraft and white flowers had distress stain added to the paper the way Tim demonstrates in his videos, spraying a little water on to them and stamping with some distress ink. I then scrunched my flowers and let them dry in the sunshine.... Yes I did say sunshine and not heat gun lol, finally spraying a little glimmer mist on too.


My leaves we're made in the same way adding inks and stains, but I also double embossed with embossing powder some leaves to give a nice shiny look. Cheery Lynn's leave dies have veins in them and I find when you add the stains it starts to pool in the veins which I love.



I die cut out my bunting and stamped the word flowers and distressed the edges. I put the wording on both sides so my project can be appreciated a full 360 degrees. Barbecue skewers were painted with distress and rolled over a word stamp with archival ink to give more texture. My ribbons were made from an old sheet which I had saved a length of. I ripped 3 sections and placed into a diluted solution of distress stains and scrunched up to dry with my heat gun.



Well I really appreciated you seeing through my post. Thanks for stopping by and I'd love if you had time to leave me a comment.


Julie x

I wish to enter this in to :


40 comments:

  1. O wow Julie what a masterpiece this is. This is a such a labour of love. The flowers on the cart all look so realistic. Fabulous work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg Julie I am totally in love with this project, it is such a joy to look at in every way. I just love all your beautiful flowers and bunting and the way you have constructed the wheels, those coffee stirir sticks come in handy don't they!. If this isn't a winner I will eat my hat! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, Julie! Your construction of the cart is fab and loved the floral arrangement. Stunner, from all angles and sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is stunning,so creative.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. Love the idea. Flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember your log project well Julie and this one is just as stunning! I love you used the coffee stirrers, they look like real planks of wood and your flowers are gorgeous. I love the way you created those wheels too!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Dies and Distress Challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning make Julie :-) wonderful design and layout. The flowers are fabulous too. Thank you so much for joining in with us at AVJ this fortnight
    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Julie, this is so clever and creative!!!! Love all the different flowers you have made and that little banner is delightful!! Thanks so much for adding this to our challenge at our creative corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Julie, the shading on the flowers is beautiful and just love the cart, wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is so beautiful! I love the little cart but Oh! those beautiful flowers……mmmmmmm! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely! I adore the concept, the shape of the cart and the colors you chose! I am stunned at the variety of flowers you created and they look great together. That banner is adorable, too, and I really like what you did with the old sheet. I think it's amazing that you made this so pretty from 360 degrees! Really an inspiring piece of art and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie
    You do realise how remarkable this is?! I am blown-away by the artistry of your papercrafting skills to create not only the prettiest of wagons but to then fill it with this abundance of flowers. It is an exquisite creation and to my mind it deserves to be displayed in the shop window of a florist or suchlike because I can imagine passer-bys stopping to view this masterpiece.
    Magical!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning, creative project, the details and flowers look gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage
    Elma

    ReplyDelete
  15. This really is a work of art Julie, just beautiful.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Summer Blossoms theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a gorgeous creation Julie, and the flowers are very beautiful made.
    this is a stunning project and thanks for the tutorial.
    greetings from Anneke ( WLVC )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is amazing! All those flowers a joyfull creation to look at! How nice to see How you made this, it will come for sure on my to do list, Thank you for joining us at WLVC
    Jacomijn

    ReplyDelete
  18. You never fail to amaze me with your incredible creations and this is a stunner Julie! Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe my eyes: this is such a wonderfull creation!
    I became your follower immediately!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, this is just outstanding! I love how creative you are and your flowers are simply amazing! Also love the cute banner! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG....I am speechless.....can't believe what I see.....I shared this at pinterest and I thank you for joining us at WLVC.
    Hugs Plony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you joining us at SCH to....thanx for joining Julie.

      Delete
  22. Amazing project! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Julie, this project is amazing! Those flowers are beautiful. You did a great job creating this. Lovely work! Thank you for sharing your flower cart with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful project and what a lot of work went into this too! So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, what a fabulous project, Julie! If this doesn't shout Summer Blooms, I don't know what does! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Unbelievable, Julie - wow! An absolutely glorious piece of work, and worth all the time, effort and patience it must have required. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner and joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW!....WOW!.....This is.....words fail me.....this has to be one of the most beautiful creations I have ever seen! Thank you so much for joining us this month at Our Creative Corner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Julie! Sorry for the delay to come and see your own make to the OCC challenge, and wow WOW!!! I really love your creation, it's so stunning and amazing!! Thank you for the great step by step too, I wish you sincerely good luck for all the challenges, should not be needed however as this is a true masterpiece! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Truly amazing!! Such detail!! And patience to make this! hugs from July GDT Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a delightful project love all the flowers that you have created along with the wonderful cart, thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on your win Julie, looked like a winner as soon as I saw it, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is absolutely incredible! I am climbing back up into my chair after falling to the floor! Gorgeous project from the wheels to the tattered ribbon! Amazing work! So glad you joined us for our challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my lands. This is so wonderful. I am just in awe of this. What a huge load of work. Those flowers are so pretty. And that wagon...adorable! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so very beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Julie what a stunning creation-- love all the details and you have so generously shared how you made it too
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! This is beautiful! So happy for your win on SSS, and truly deserved. Thank you for sharing your steps with us. Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very unique and lovely. Congrats at SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Julie
    WUAW this is another beautiful Julie project!! So beautiful your flower cart and also a wonderful tutorial there! Thanks jewel for sharing and this become a winner at the challenges, good luck and super done!
    cheers by Gerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to read your comments so I know you have stopped by and look forward to visiting your blog.

Julie x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10